Thursday 20 December 2012

All in a week's work


I will readily admit that I can be one of the most disorganised and hectic of people, but this week I think I’ve been on top of my game. I’ve been struggling over the last couple of months to fit in my writing, which of course, as a writer is kind of the kiss of death. But then I realised last week that if you want something done you can’t just wait around for it to happen, you have to take the bull by the horns and make it happen! And so just by being in the right frame of mind I've been making sure I have quality time to write, making sure I get my work done on time and even making time for all the other little things I’ve been wanting to get done recently. You want to know the odd part? Even though I’ve been doing far more in the last week than in the last few months, I somehow seem to have more free time as well. I think there is a lesson in there for me somewhere!
So what have I achieved with this new proactive style of working? Well I’ll tell you… I am very near completing the third story in the ‘Rags and Riches’ series, as in I have done revisions, chopped and changed drastically for what I hope is the last time, and am going to give myself a couple of days to edit it before submitting it! I never thought I’d be able to manage to get it done before the end of the year but it looks like I will! Yes!

In case you didn’t already know, the first story in this series got released on Monday, find out a bit more about it here!
Thank you for reading!

No comments:

Post a Comment