Thursday 17 January 2013

Ready for the weekend

Apparently there’s going to be a lot of bad weather and snow in my part of the world this weekend. So while I’m probably going to be stuck indoors I decided I’ll take advantage of it and I’m going to start writing the final instalment for the Rags and Riches series, my fiancé has had some time off work this week to celebrate my sons second birthday, and we’ve had a lot of fun and spent a lot of money, but it’s time to get back down to work, and even though I’m a little bit sad that writing this story will mean that the writing part of this series is coming to a close for me, I’m super excited to finally get this down on paper (laptop).
The Rags and Riches journey actually began with this story. I used to write short stories (something I do want to get back into this year) but when I wrote this one I just couldn’t leave it as it was. I could see so much potential to the characters that were crisscrossing in and out of the story. So my 3000 words just didn’t seem adequate anymore. That was when I started writing Business and Pleasure, because the fiery best friend just wouldn’t get out of my head, and so Mia and Lawrence’s story was born.
So this weekend I’ll be opening my first draft, plus the seemingly endless pages of notes I’ve made along the way and I’ll be settling down to write it all out. This has got to be the most well planned story I’ve got so far, so I don’t see it taking me very long to write. This weekend will mean hard work, a lot of re-reading old material and an almost endless supply of coffee (I prepared well, I did a supermarket snow dash especially for it lol!)
So how will you be spending your weekend? If you’re like me and you face getting snowed in then I hope you, like me, have stockpiled the essentials J

No comments:

Post a Comment