Wednesday 5 June 2013

Sunshine and writing!

In Wales we only seem to have about two weeks’ worth of sunshine the whole year. The last few days have been absolutely beautiful and I’ve been making the most out of it by getting out and about, dragging my laptop with me when I can or else a notebook will do. I always seem to be the most inspired in this kind of weather, in fact, isn’t everything just so much better when the sun is shining? I was sitting on the beach the other day and thinking about how different the place looked in the summer, and I started to get an itch to write some kind of summer themed romance. If you haven’t already read it Business and Pleasure is set in Italy and I loved the sense of escapism I got from writing that. So now, I have a story in mind and have started to put pen to paper (fingers to keyboard) but I’m still looking for the perfect place to set it. I’m thinking bright white sands and exclusive beaches, high end shops and plenty of celebrities. Sounds like the perfect place to be whisked away to doesn’t it? I’ll be doing some research to find the perfect spot but if you can think of somewhere let me know.

No comments:

Post a Comment